Isaac is a double-licensed attorney focusing his practice on domestic litigation and international disputes. He is licensed to practice law in Texas and Mexico and has gained extensive litigation experience in both legal systems.
Prior to joining DBC, Isaac served as law clerk to the Honorable Justice Eva Guzman at the Supreme Court of Texas and to the Honorable Michael Truncale, Federal District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Texas; becoming the first foreign-trained attorney to clerk for the State’s highest court and first to clerk for a federal court. He also worked as a litigation associate for one the world’s largest law firms. His experience in trial and appellate levels provide him a complete picture of the dispute, and being a former insider in the judiciary allows him to sharply represent his clients’ interests in a cost-effective way.
Isaac received his J.D. equivalent, summa cum laude, from Tec de Monterrey in 2016, where he graduated second of his class. His interest in common-law systems lead him to study a Master of Laws degree in the University of Texas School of Law, where he thrived in oral advocacy and litigation skills. He received his LLM degree in 2018 (LLM class is not ranked).
• University of Texas School of Law, LL.M.
• Tecnológico de Monterrey, J.D.
State Bar of Texas
• Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, Commercial Litigation, 2024
• Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023
• National Runner Up, 7th International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, 2018
• Runner Up, Baron & Budd Mock Trial Competition, 2017
• Champion, Annual Mock Trial Competition, 2016
• Secretary General, Student Government