Our attorneys represent owners, licensors and licensees of intellectual property in all aspects of intellectual property transactions. We provide solutions to intellectual property issues for clients in a wide variety of industries, including software, semiconductor, chemical, biochemical, medical and surgical, restaurant services, and manufacturing. Our attorneys counsel clients to factor complex intellectual property issues into their day-to-day business decisions.
Examples of the ways in which we help protect and enforce our clients’ intellectual property rights include:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent, trademark and copyright applications.
- Assisting with regulatory and trademark issues.
- Searching, securing, and enforcing the protection of patents, trademarks and copyrights around the world.
- Defending patent, trademark, and copyright suits throughout the country.
- Representing clients in appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Patent Trial and Appeal Board and in the federal courts to obtain and enforce our clients’ intellectual property rights.
We assist clients with their intellectual property and technology needs in the U.S. and internationally through the following services:
We prepare and prosecute U.S. and foreign patent applications and routinely counsel our clients on patent-related issues and strategies. Among other technology areas, we prosecute patents related to:
- Software applications
- Wireless applications
- Wireless content development systems
- Medical systems and devices
- Content searching algorithms and systems
- Compression-decompression algorithms
- Applications and web-based business systems
- Consumer products
We are involved in all aspects of domestic and foreign trademark prosecution and enforcement. Our attorneys provide counsel on various matters including infringing domain names, meta-tags and spam, and worldwide prosecution of Web-based trademarks. We have experience in the preparation of trademark clearance opinions, domain name disputes under the UDRP, and we have argued a variety of proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
We assist our clients determine whether their material is entitled to copyright protection and, if so, guide them in registration, licensing, and infringement issues.
Where applicable, we counsel our clients on protecting confidential information as trade secrets and advise them when other intellectual property laws offer greater advantages. We provide guidance to clients about how to keep valuable information out of the hands of competitors and how to protect it from employee theft or misappropriation.