VCard: Rick Reed.vcf
Phone Number: (512) 381-8018
Fax Number: (512) 457-8008
Rick has almost 30 years of experience representing and advising a variety of real estate, financial institution and business clients in connection with their real estate, finance and business operations and transactions. Rick represents:
- Developers in office, residential, industrial and mixed use developments
- Developers in negotiating master development agreements with municipalities pertaining to redevelopment of municipal properties such as former airport, water treatment and power plant sites
- End users in campus headquarters acquisition, development and construction
- Buyers and sellers in acquisition and disposition of real estate, including institutional clients in disposition and acquisition of real estate portfolios
- Developers and end users in zoning and other entitlement issues
- Lenders and borrowers in loan transactions and workouts
- Institutional investors and individuals in entity formation to own and operate real estate
- Institutional investors in equity investments
- Operating companies in buying, selling and leasing property in multi-state transactions.
- Landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial leases and in enforcement matters
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, J.D. (1982)
- University of Texas at Austin B.A., cum laude (1978)
- Haynes and Boone, L.L.P.
- Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P.
- State Bar of Texas (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section; Business Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Business Law Section)
- Austin Bar Association (Real Estate Law Section)
- Director and Former Chair of the Real Estate Law Section of the Travis County Bar Association (now Austin Bar Association)
- Real Estate Council of Austin, Inc. (Vice Chair of Ordinance and Legislation Review Committee; Founding Director and Executive Committee Member)
- Opportunity Austin – Representative of DuBois Bryant & Campbell, LLP as a Lead Investor in the regional economic development initiative of the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Included in Texas Monthly magazine's list of "Super Lawyers" in real estate law for each year since 2005
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the specialty of Real Estate Law since 2006
- Association for Corporate Growth (Former Director for Austin Chapter)
- Foreign Trade Zone of Central Texas (Former Chair)
- Capitol Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America (Former Board and Executive Committee Member)
- YMCA of Austin, Inc. (Former Board Member, Chair and Treasurer)
Publications & Presentations:
Author and speaker in connection with various seminars and programs sponsored by, among others, The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, University of Houston Law School, Travis County (now Austin) Bar Association, State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association and CLE International covering topics such as loan modifications and workouts, sale and purchase contracts, leasing issues, construction issues, prepayment premiums, secured note purchase and sale transactions, subdivision regulation, transportation issues, partnership issues, tax abatement issues, legislation update and TXDOT access management rules.